Thursday, August 14, 2008

Too much foremilk





Well I figured out what's wrong with Makenna and why she has so much gas. Too much foremilk. I thought that could be the reason. I didn't think I was switching sides too soon but I had been nursing on one side for a couple of nursing sessions when she wanted to nurse ALOT to make sure she emptied that breast before doing the other... if that makes sense and if you are still with me. I guess I didn't do that the past two days and was switchings sides too much.


Tonight I got some gas drops to see if that would help. We got home and she was dead asleep in her carseat so I figured I would leave her and she would wake up soon and eat... NOPE! She stayed asleep almost five hours, I even took photos of Carston next to the carseat, which are adorable by the way!!!! After she woke up, gas again and then GREEN poop and thats a big red flag for too much foremilk. So there you have it, breastfeeding gave her gas... LOL! Hopefully the drops will help and me nursing one one side for two-three hours before letting her nurse on the other side will help.


Now for the photos... TOO CUTE!!!! Carston was posing so cute and the way I got him to smile so big in the photos of just him was that he would hit the little thing on the top of the camera that is the flash. I would tell him, "okay hit!" and before he would jump up to do it, I would snap the shot. Silly boy.


He is crazy, I put him to bed and he started knocking on his door, I went in to see what he wanted and he had shoes in his hand.. said "shoes!" and pushed me out of the way to go into the playroom. He then put his shoes on the wrong feet and started playing. A shirt, diaper and no shorts with camo crocs on.. silly boy! I'm glad he got up though, I got great photos. Only took me about six weeks to get a really really good photo of them in the same shot. Oh and some really amazing photos of just him.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I hope her little gas pains go away soon, Im sure it is painful. Carston cracks me up! He is such a little ham! haha. LOVE the pictures, they are adorable as always!!!!

p.s. I am like you, I have been counting to 37 weeks haha so yay for only 13 more to go! haha I will make zach take my belly shot today, just for you!!!! :) and you know me, there will be tons of shower pics!

Anonymous said...

Ohh and that good hind milk will give her a boost in growth too! I only did one boob per feeding let them empty it completely. :) Good luck!