Sunday, August 17, 2008

ER visit



Yesterday my MIL came over to "help" with Carston and Makenna while I cleaned since the both have been super clingy and I haven't been able to do much this week. To be honest, all she did was sit with Carston while he watched a movie and then made Makenna cry. I do give her credit, she played with Makenna for about 15-20 minutes and she wasn't crying but after that it was horrible. She was screaming so bad and instead of telling me, "hey I can't calm her down" she kept trying and trying and only making it worse. I ended up going and taking her away from my MIL and nursing her to calm her down. Then Kenneth got home early and was holding her and she was upset and crying. Kenneth was about to hand her off to me so I could nurse her (that's been the only thing that calms her down at all) and my MIL takes her right out of Kenneth's arms and says, "she just fed her, give her to me". I didn't say anything, just let her try and after five minutes of pure screaming like someone had dropped her, I said I couldn't take it anymore and took her away from my MIL. Even as I was doing that, she asked for the pacifier. I'm her mommy, I KNOW what is going to make her better and a pacifier wasn't going to do it, boobie was. I think what it boils down to is that my MIL thinks that I breastfed her too often and that I'm starving her. I know good and well that's not the case, you can't starve a breastfed baby when they have milk running out of their mouth after every feeding. Who cares if she wanted to nurse every 10 minutes or every hour.

We went and ate with my MIL, SIL, BIL, and Jordan after that and when we left, Kenneth started having chest pains really bad and coughing. He has been having them for a few weeks now off and on. We went to Walmart and I told him that by the time we left, if they hadn't stopped we should go to the ER. After we shopped they still hadn't stopped and by then Makenna was screaming again. I told him we should take her to the ER to make sure it wasn't an ear infection and for him to get checked out too. After me talking him into it, they both check in at the ER. To make an already long story short, Makenna is fine. She had a slight temp of 100.3 and then an hour later it was 99.3 so they said she might be getting over a virus but that the only thing they could come up with was colic and that was only because when a doctor cant find anything wrong with a baby, they say it's colic. Kenneth on the other hand was told he has broncitus (sp?). Who knows if he really has this or not... this hospital isn't the smartest in the world.

So anyways, Makenna is doing great now. We got batteries for her swing, she nursed and went to sleep in that, when she woke up at around 5 am (four hours of sleep which was GREAT!!!) Kenneth brought her to bed and she nursed again and then into her bassinett for awhile and then nursed and back into her swing for awhile. She slept amazing!!!!! I got a great sleep and now today she is a totally different baby. Not nursing a ton, playing in her bouncy seat, posing for photos.... her normal self! Let's hope it lasts all day and all night!!!!!!!
Oh and this is her Thanksgiving dress. I'm getting my full $3 dollar clearance price out of it by using it now as a dress, in the fall as a dress with leggings and a long sleeved shirt under it, and in the summer as a shirt. It is size 12 months so that goes to show you to always look at everything, with girls you can always turn a shirt into an adorable dress!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad she's feeling better!

Kristy said...

Im so glad to hear Makenna is feeling better and back to her little smiling self :) I hope Kenneth feels better soon, Im glad you were able to make him go! Men are so hard to get to the dr! I can't beleive that darling "dress" she has on is really a 12 month shirt! I never thought of doing such a thing! you could never even tell! It is adorable!!!!